Welcome to Custer Elementary School!
We carry a tradition of over 100 years of excellence with us each day.
Our staff is committed to providing each student with a world-class education in a community setting. We are committed to helping every child develop a lifelong love of learning.
These are vital years filled with growth, wonder, challenges, achievements and friendships. We look forward to partnering with you on each step of this exciting journey.
Custer was a separate school district established in 1891. The current school building was built in 1936 and added to until 1941 when it became part of the Ferndale School District. Square footage was added to the school in 1959 and again in 1980. In 1999, three classrooms were added. The school serves 340 students in grades kindergarten through five. The Blaine School District borders Custer to the north and the Lynden School District to the east. Custer Elementary was named by Washington State and the U.S. Department of Education as a School of Excellence in 1994.